Freitag, Mai 09, 2008

Berdyans'k - a typical toristy City at the Azov Sea

I was staying in Ukraine one week more after we all separated in Berdyans’k after a great Gala Night. I really have to say, that the upcoming week was one of the most exciting ones and offered me a very deep Learning Experience in my life. Although it was just one week, just 7 more days, I learnt so much new about Ukraine, about the differences between the East and the West Part of this great country, that I have still problems getting back to normal life here in Germany and concentrating on my own work as well as on my several job interviews I already had this week. I have really problems to clear my mind which is still somehow in Ukraine working on all new impressions I got. And it is not easy to make a suitable summary of all my different experiences, but I try to do it now for myself, which might help firstly me to start putting everything into a right order and secondly to summarize it for all of you, maybe it is also nice for you to read over my impressions and what I experienced, I deeply hope so.

So after all of the Facilitator left from the venue in Berdyans’k I also left immediately with two girls from new elected EB of AIESEC in Berdyans’k. We went together to the flat were I was supposed to live the next two days. I had been very, very tired and I thought it would be great to sleep now, but I also was very hungry so what happened, we cooked some Pelmeni and spoke a lot about the Conferences in Berdyans’k and Mariupol. Also in Berdyans’k there had been some challenges with OC as well as we experienced it in Mariupol which led to the situation that lots of normal member from Berdyans’k had to work with OC in order to secure some standard although the members had also to attend at normal sessions. But that was really something I was appreciating while talking about it, that they also saw the need of a helping hand and they just did it and nevertheless took all important parts out of different sessions. I really admire them.

So then Vova came and we spent approximately 2 hours at his Grandma’s place to eat something again. As all Grandmas in the whole wide world she was all the time keeping an eye on me and Vova and his brother that we have something to eat not dying at her table and I was really thankful for that, because she provided us with all different traditional food from Ukraine which was a great experience for me. And I liked everything, especially after the poor food in both venues – in Mariupol as well as Berdyans’k. Vova, thanks a lot for that experience and please remember me to your grandma, she is a really great person and I wish you that you will take time spending with her as much as you can. I really enjoy every minute spending time with grandparents, which maybe is strongly related with the fact hat all my grandparents are dead now, so I cannot spend time anymore with them, which makes me really sad and I’m missing it much in my normal life just relaxing there and be shepherd by them. So keep in mind ‘Time is passing by very, very fast and therefore act now, it could be too late’.

Okay, unfortunately I was not in good condition this night. When Vova and me left her home and took a Маршрутка to the centre, my circulation was collapsing; I had problems with briefing and my heart and was not able to walk properly. I guess it was related to the fact, that Conference was over, so my adrenaline level was sinking after exciting Conference, I was drinking and smoking too much as well as had not good food. So all this in combination made my body feel bad and sending such signs. I just thought, okay, I have to go to hospital now, maybe to get injection with most important substances like vitamins, heart strengthen medicine etc., but I did not want to go, because I was kind of scared going into a foreign hospital. So Vova and I decided to go slowly back to my home and then I took 10 hours of sleep and felt a bit better the next morning. But still I feel now at home here in Germany that I haven’t recovered to 100%, I guess I really have to check my body and soul as well as giving up smoking and drinking for several weeks or months (especially giving up smoking forever, but it is not as easy as it sounds, just give up and everything will be okay).

The next day Dasha (my host) and I went out for a sightseeing tour in Berdyans’k. This city is very touristy and very, very beautiful.